25% off these 2010 helmets. Please note, the helmets are discounted, but the electronics and add-ons are not. Also, these are now wold as bare shells. You must add whatever electronics/accessories you want included with your helmet.
This is a slightly heavier version of the ST4 GT W Carbon helmet. It is made from a Kevlar Multi-Sandwich Fiber composite formed in an autoclave. It carries the same Snell 2010 certification as the Carbon helmet, but the different material adds the weight. This different material yields a slightly heavier helmet, but at a reduced cost. The Snell 2010 rating satisfies almost all racing sanctioning bodies’ requirements for helmet certifications.
The ST4 GT W is designed to satisfy those closed cockpit drivers who yearn for a larger eyeport. The cutout for the eyeport is taller than the standard Formula version and has a special visor to accommodate the larger opening.
Available with integrated Electronics, Air Supply and Hydration or any combination of the three, this helmet offers flexibility while maintaining a clean cabin. There are no wires or hoses hanging down below the helmet – everything integrates seamlessly with the shell of the helmet.
The ST4 GT W is Not Recommended for use in Dirt or open cockpit cars. If you drive in dirt or an open cockpit vehicle please look at the ST4F model helmets.
Features an M6 nut integrated into the shell to interface with Head and Neck Restraint Systems.
- The ST4 is the first helmet in the world which has been homologated for use in F1 with integrated earmuffs. These earmuffs provide a significantly quieter environment for the driver by aurally isolating the ear. The pressure upon the head can be adjusted by replacing the special foam rubber pads placed between the earmuff and the helmet. The earmuff’s unique shape ensures they stay in place and do not make the helmet difficult to put on or take off.
- You may also use Ear bud style earphones with an optional adapter.
- The ST4 comes with a 3mm clear visor for the absolute best in protection. Also available are Yellow, Smoked and Irridium shields for driving in different lighting circumstances. All Visors mount with four specially machined aluminum fasteners and provide an air-tight seal with the rubber grommet on the helmet.
- Adjustable Peak Visor can be fitted in addition to the flip-up visor. The peak visor can be lowered to give the driver an effective means of blocking the sun as it gets lower on the horizon.
Comes with an M6 nut integrated into helmet shell for interfacing with Head and Neck Restraints. Note, HANS users must purchase HANS Posts from Stilo to use with their HANS - standard HANS Posts will not fit the integrated anchor..
- Electronics are optional
- The integrated electronics jack is positioned far enough away from the HANS post anchor in order to make the use of the jack trouble free even when the HANS is worn.
- The wiring is all positioned safely and conveniently behind the padding so as to be transparent to the user. There are no hanging wires in the helmet, everything stays put where it is supposed to be.
- The ST4 is the first helmet in the world with an available integrated drinking system. Its most significant feature is of course a safety-related one: in an emergency, the driver need not worry about being held up by the hydration system. With a small force, the coupling breaks, leaving the driver free to evacuate the car. For mid-race driver changes, depress the release lever and get out of the car, leaving the hydration system prepared for the next driver.
- Includes a Silicone rubber hose with a bite valve to be positioned within easy reach, without interfering with the microphone or the optional Air Supply System.
- There is an valve integrated into the quick coupling that prevents leakage upon disengagement keeping the cockpit dry and messes to a minimum.
- Optional Hydration bag is available which can be positioned in a convenient and secure location.
- Also available is the Air Supply System which provides a steady supply of fresh air to drivers of closed cockpit cars. Many different attachments are available, all of which are integrated into the helmet shell.
- Can be used in conjunction with a communication system as well as the Hydration System.
- Stilo has two separate shell sizes for this helmet. This allows us to make a better-fitting helmet that is lighter weight. Instead of filling a very large shell with lots of padding for a size small, we have one shell size for extra small to medium, and one for large and extra large.
- Autoclave Molded Kevlar/Fiberglass Multi-sandwich Fiber Composite
- Noise attenuating earmuffs standard
- Available with no electronics
- Models with electronics are available with Ear Buds or Earmuffs with integrated speakers and a Noise canceling dynamic microphone
- Intercom plug fully integrated
- Small Shell XS, S, M
- Large Shell L, XL
Price: $ 912.00